On Sunday, May 3, Paradise Valley United Methodist Church invites you to take an inside look at our Ministry Teams. At last count, we had 19 teams of volunteers, with approximately 9 members serving on each one, for a grand total of more than 170 people committed to PVUMC’s ministries. That’s something to celebrate! So in addition to showcasing our ministries, and asking for your participation on May 3, we’ll also be lifting up all of our current volunteers on Sunday, May 3.
We are so grateful for our many volunteers who serve on ministry teams, task forces, help with missions, or teach our little ones and youth. YOU are God’s love in action at PVUMC, in our community and in our world. We appreciate each and every one of you, and offer our thanks for your dedicated and faithful service to God and others.
Serving on a ministry team is a great way to get involved at PVUMC, and a way to make a difference in the life of the church, in our community and world. You work closely with each other, fuel each other’s passions for ministry, and help each other to accomplish more than you could on your own.
Ministry Team members usually serve a term of three years. They plan, lead and oversee ministries and programs. Short-term volunteers are needed too, so don’t let the “C” word (Commitment) keep you from getting involved. Even if you can only help short-term, we want to talk to you.
We invite you to stop by the patio tables after worship on Sunday, May 3 to meet some of the ministry team members and find out how you can use your spiritual gifts at PVUMC to help others and glorify God. We’ll also have goodies to share! Look for us on the Sanctuary Patio, 9-11 am and after Ignite outside the Chapel, 12-12:30 pm.
Be God’s love in action, and find how you can serve God and others at PVUMC. — The Fellowship and Connectional Ministry Team and Ministry Match Task Force chair, Rayme Ellett
PVUMC Ministry Teams
- Adult Learning – Plan for and lead adult classes, lectures and discussions.
- Caring – Plan and implement ministries that minister to persons in times of need.
- Children – Plan for ministry to/for infants and children from birth through 6th grade.
- Church & Society – Educate/engage the congregation to act on social justice issues.
- Fellowship & Connectional – Provide opportunities for intergenerational fellowship, learning, serving and leadership.
- Finance – Review church finances, help plan the church budget and develop plans to raise income to meet the church budget.
- PVUMC Foundation – Solicit, manage and approve distribution of endowment gifts.
- Marketing & Communications – Provide guidance on marketing and communication.
- Missions – Provide local and worldwide mission opportunities.
- New Members – Plan and organize orientations and provide support to new members.
- Nominations – Invites individuals to fill ministry team openings.
- Pastor/Staff Parish Relations – Oversees clergy, staff and personnel responsibilities.
- Preschool Board – Work with the Director and Church Council to oversee the Preschool.
- Transformational Living – Provide experiential practices that assist people in their spiritual journey.
- Trustees – Manage church property.
- Welcoming – Create a welcoming culture for members and guests.
- Worship, Music & Fine Arts – Plan and help implement all elements of worship.
- Young Adult Lifegroup – Plan and lead activities for young adults, post high school through early 30s, to engage and inspire faith.
- Youth Ministry – Plan for and help lead ministry to/for youth in 7th – 12th grades.