Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. — Howard Thurman
On Sunday, May 3, 2015, we invite you to:
- Explore the Meet and Greet tables and sign up for your area of interest. Read more about this event by clicking here.
- Take the “Spiritual Gifts Inventory” this week, and return it to discover what types of activities and programs make you come alive.
- Take a UMC online assessment of spiritual gifts and plan on staying for the Spiritual Gifts Inventory session at 12:30 pm following Ignite. We’ll meet in the church library, G2.
We’ll include this Spiritual Gifts Inventory Teaser in the Looking Ahead this Sunday, that includes these questions for you to think about —
Do you . . .
- enjoy teaching/leading a small group?
- like to work with people considered outcasts by others?
- listen to others as carefully as you want them to listen to you?
- see many different sides of an issue, and help others do so?
- mentor others?
- see God at work in both good times and bad?
- like to visit people wherever they are – hospital, prison, home,
nursing home, etc.?
- enjoy tending to the “busy work” others do not enjoy?
- give practical, material assistance to those who are in need?
- enjoy communicating your thoughts in writing or on social media?
Think about. . .
- Where is God leading you?
- What is God calling you to do this year?
- Do you know where you want to spend your time in service to God?