Jesus loves the little children, and so do we at PVUMC! Our summer program focuses on the same themes we’ll be learning about in worship this June and July: Wilderness and Hunger. Our hope is that you’ll be able to talk with your children about these themes in greater depth, after you leave church and return to your lives of work and play each week.
Summer Classes for K-6th Grade will look different from our fall classes. These classes will be simpler, easier, and even more fun for our teachers since the lessons will coincide with what parents are learning about in worship. Our hope is for parents and children/youth to have more dialogue, and grow their faith at home as well as at church.
9:30-10:30 am Leader Needs: Can you help?
Preschool (ages 3-5 in room E8): We need an adult assistant for July 19 & July 26. There will be childcare and Preschool classes every Sunday, even on Family Sundays.
K-6th : All students start in worship and will be returned to worship. We will rotate into a storytime and stations. Everything is planned and ready; we just need a few more willing and able volunteers! See the number of volunteers needed, and for what, below:
- May 31 1-Wilderness Station Leader (oversee the room stations and explain them. Room E12/13)
- June 7 Family Sunday (no classes for K-6th. Your family may serve during worship as greeters, ushers, readers, or communion)
- June 14 1-Wilderness Station Leader (oversee the room stations, explain them. Room E12/13)
- June 21 1-children’s escort (Grades K-2)
- June 28 1-children’s escort (Grades 3-6)
- July 5 Family Sunday (no classes) – children stay in worship together with their families. Praise Paks available.
- July 12 All volunteer spots filled! Thank you!
- July 19 1-Hunger Station Leader, 1-children’s escort (3-6 grades)
- July 26 1- Hunger Station leader, 2-children escorts (K-2nd, 3-6 gr)
Next Fall, we need teaching teams for 3 Classes: 1) the 3 year olds, 2) 4/5 year olds, and 3) 5 & 6th Grade classes. We celebrate that kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grades, and 3 & 4th Grades are filled! Please pray with us to find those willing to learn and grow with our children.
Thank you for praying about how you can help grow our children’s faith the whole year round.
Director of Children’s Ministry
Young Adults Coordinator
Paradise Valley U.M.C.
4455 E. Lincoln Drive
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253