Paradise Valley United Methodist Church is looking for a Program Coordinator to lead and grow our ministry for youth in grades 5th-8th. Duties include preparing and leading Sunday morning Christian education and youth group gatherings on Sunday evenings as well as coordinating programs and activities with the Children’s & Youth Directors. This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week. Some nights/weekends are required for retreats and activities. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by September 15, 2015.
PVUMC Job Description: Program Coordinator for grades 5-8
Program Coordinator working with children/youth in 5th-8th grade, in conjunction with the Children & Youth Directors, to coordinate programs and activities.
Job Responsibilities: Lead and grow the program by developing and implementing a strategic plan, plan for and teach Sunday mornings, working with VIBE (the evening youth group), plan and lead other weekend/evening activities and retreats and connect with the youth and their parents, getting to know the family. Follow up on youth who miss weekly meetings.
Age Group: Coordinate programs and activities for children and youth in grades 5– 8.
Work hours: 15-20 hours per week. Required attendance at the following events and with flexibility for other hours.
Sunday mornings: Plan and lead 5th – 8th grades. The fall 2015 schedule includes:
• 9:30 – 10:20 am – 5th & 6th grade meet and then go to choir in H1 10:20 – 10:45; begins August 9
• 9:30 – 10:30 am – 7th & 8th grade meet for Sunday School; 10:30 – 11:00 some go to Bell Choir; begins August 16
• These groups can be separate or together. Plans at the moment are for them to be separate on Sunday mornings.
Sunday evenings: Work with VIBE, our Youth Group for 7th-12th graders
• Main responsibilities are with leading the 7th & 8th graders during this time. Would work in connection with Youth Director Christopher Wurpts Sunday evenings
• Once a month, 5th & 6th graders join VIBE for Missions Night – 3rd Sunday of the Month
Weekend events and other special occasions:
• Plan and lead appropriate overnights, retreats, and events for the 5th-8th graders
• Vacation Bible Camp participation
• Help these youth find ways to be active participants in the life of the church
Supervisor: Christopher Wurpts, Youth Director.
Key Interactions: Children’s Ministry Team, Children’s & Youth Music Ministry, and Youth Program/VIBE, Velocity (youth leadership team)
Position Requirements: Experience working with youth/children programs, good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with both youth and parents, planning and organizational skills, solid personal faith experience and ability to talk to youth about faith and God.