Throughout the years, our faith community has had the privilege of sending hundreds of teenagers around the world on life-changing mission trips. In just the last few years, our youth group has gone to places like inner-city San Francisco, the Navajo reservations in Arizona, and rural Arkansas. This year, our group is going to Piura, Peru. We try to offer an international youth mission trip every 4 years so our youth have at least one opportunity to experience mission outside of the USA.
These sorts of trips aren’t just about the good work we do for the communities we visit. Although that work is very important, I’m always amazed at the impact short-term mission trips have on the people who go on them. On every trip, we’re able to join in on the work that God is doing through some of the amazing churches and non-profits we visit. It expands our worldview, and gives us hope for the world.
As we prepare for this summer’s trip, we still have quite a ways to go to raise the money we need. Our church offers these opportunities at a significant discount to the families and students who participate to make the trips affordable to everyone. We rely on the support of you, our church, to make these life-changing opportunities possible.
Here’s how you can help:
- Plan to attend our annual Mission Dinner & Auction Fundraiser on Sunday, February 28, 5-8 pm in the Fellowship Center.
Tickets are $40/person, and may be purchased online or on the patio following worship. Click here to visit the Eventbrite link.
- Bid on a few items. We have so many silent and live auction items, including:
- A private suite to any 2016 Arizona Diamondbacks game (up to 18 people, $2,000 value)
- Cabin rentals in places like Flagstaff and the Oregon coast, and hotel stays in San Francisco and New Orleans
- A staycation at the Scottsdale Princess Resort (valued at $1,000)
- A yogurt party for up to 20 people at Zoyo
- Dinner or lunch for up to 35 people, provided by 2 Fat Guys Grilled Cheese Truck
- Handcrafted jewelry by local artisans
- Gift certificates to restaurants, local attractions, spas and much more!
Buy tickets online or out on the patio after worship. Tickets are $40/person and include a wonderful, Peruvian-inspired dinner, served by members of the PVUMC youth group.
Locro de Papa with Purple Potatoes (Andean Cheese and Potato Soup)
Roasted Chicken with Aji Amarillo (Hot Yellow Pepper)
Pionono de Manjarblanco (Sponge Cake with Carmelized Milk)
As always, I remain incredibly thankful for all of your past, current, and future support.
Vamos a Peru!
—Christopher Wurpts, youth ministries director