Emiliano Tarin arrives on June 3, 2016 from Lydia Patterson Institute in El Paso, Texas, and will spend two months working with Rev. Brenda Smith and others at PVUMC as part of a summer worship internship program. Emiliano is a 16-year-old Mexican citizen who studies at LPI on a half scholarship. He wants to be more involved with church, and hopes to learn more about the scriptures while he is with us. This is a full-time position for a youth interested in ministry as a vocation. The church partners with the intern to provide a wide variety of experiences so he has a better understanding of the church setting as a whole. Room and board is provided plus a $50 weekly stipend.
As part of the host arrangements, we need to find at least two host families who are willing to give him room and board. If you can host him during June or July, please email Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org. He leaves on Saturday, July 30, 2016.
While he is here, Emiliano will be asked to be a part of the Children’s Ministry Team, and provide support for Children’s classes, Vacation Bible Camp, and Camp Mingus Discovery for grades 3-8. He will also be involved with Youth Ministry, to gain leadership experience as he interacts with the weekly youth group. Other duties include:
- Pastoral support or shadowing in a variety of duties such as hospital and homebound visits, a funeral or wedding if it occurs, leadership council, and other appropriate experiences.
- PVUMC staff support or shadowing in order to understand the workings of all staff.
- Duties based on specific skills. Each person brings their talents and gifts to share.
- Opportunities to experience a variety of PVUMC ministries unique to this setting. Some examples are Open Table ministry, Church and Society outreach, and Caring ministry.
- A youth at least 16 years of age with an interest in ministry as a vocation
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Loves God and the church