Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. — Howard Thurman
Kim Summers Leads Spiritual Gifts Sunday Classes, June 4 and 11
You’re invited to take a two-week class that meets at 12:15 pm on Sundays, June 4 and 11 in G2, the church library.
- Take the “Spiritual Gifts Inventory” one week, and return with it the next week to discuss and discover what types of activities and programs make you come alive, and where you might be able to plug in at PVUMC.
- To explore on your own, take a UMC online assessment of spiritual gifts. The Holy Spirit has endowed us with gifts. Discerning what they are, and putting them to use as God intended, can bring joy and wholeness.
A few years ago, we offered a Spiritual Gifts Inventory Teaser in the Looking Ahead, which included these questions for you to think about —
Do you . . .
- enjoy teaching/leading a small group?
- like to work with people considered outcasts by others?
- listen to others as carefully as you want them to listen to you?
- see many different sides of an issue, and help others do so?
- mentor others?
- see God at work in both good times and bad?
- like to visit people wherever they are – hospital, prison, home,
nursing home, etc.?
- enjoy tending to the “busy work” others do not enjoy?
- give practical, material assistance to those who are in need?
- enjoy communicating your thoughts in writing or on social media?
Think about. . .
- Where is God leading you?
- What is God calling you to do this year?
- Do you know where you want to spend your time in service to God?