VIP’s Mission and Work
Valley Interfaith Project is a broad-based, non-partisan organization of dues-paying member congregations, schools, unions and non-profit associations committed to building power for sustainable social and economic change. PVUMC is a member of VIP.
VIP’s work is accomplished through:
• institution-based leadership development,
• the building of relationships between and within institutions,
• the identification of and research on issues of mutual self-interest,
• and disciplined, organized action.
VIP’s Human Development Agenda includes:
- Affordable Health Care
- Quality Education for Children and Youth: Advocates for increased budgetary investments in public education.
- High-Skill, High-Wage Workforce Training: Arizona Career Pathways program
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Deterring Sex Trafficking of Minors
- Immigration Reform
- Safe Neighborhoods
The Church and Society Ministry Team at PVUMC often hosts VIP – Valley Interfaith Project – Civic Academies, and recently held one on criminal justice May 8, 2017. VIP’s community events are popular across all faiths, and invites the public to the church campus.
Once a year, the church has a special offering in support of Church & Society efforts via VIP. This year, Sunday, June 25 has been designated as Peace with Justice Sunday, normally the Sunday after Pentecost, with a special offering opportunity to support VIP.
If you would like more information about VIP or would like to be a part of the Church and Society Ministry Team, please contact Dan Sagramoso.