UMOM Adopt-a-Family and Wesley Adopt-a-Child Programs
This Advent season, as we wait for the Christ Child to arrive, you are invited to be a light to others, bringing hope and joy and love to those less fortunate.
UMOM New Day Centers, Inc. and the Wesley Community Center provides our church with a list of families and children who would love to have gifts for Christmas, but do not have the means. If you can help, please stop by the table on the patio outside of worship Sunday and follow these steps:
- Choose a family (UMOM) or child (Wesley)
- Complete the registration process (forms available on the patio after worship)
- Choose and Wrap Gifts
- Identify the gifts with first and last names on each
- For UMOM: Place all the family gifts in large trash bags and label with the family’s last name
- For Wesley gifts: Attach child’s ID tag to their 2 gifts
- Deliver wrapped and bagged gifts to church office no later than Sunday, December 2, 2018. Thank you!
Navajo Reservation Christmas Drive
We also work with the Navajo Nation to provide gifts to children, families and seniors. We deliver the gifts to them and celebrate together at a party on the Navajo reservation, December 1, 2018.
Plastic food storage containers
Salt & Pepper shakers
Candles and holders (needed for light, so preferable in a safe container)
Puzzles / Scrabble / Games
Socks (all sizes)
Warm clothing items for children and adults
Any gifts for the elderly (I.e.: Lap robes, hats, socks, reading glasses etc.)
Children’s Gifts of all kinds (excluding those that need batteries.)
PLEASE WRAP AND MARK THE GIFT: INFANT, CHILD (BOY OR GIRL / AGE), MAN OR WOMAN.
ALL GIFTS NEED TO BE TURNED IN TO THE CHURCH OFFICE BY NOVEMBER 25.
Gifts for the Elderly
Small plastic tubs containing:
- Small bag of hard candies
- Small gift of toiletries for male or female
- Pretty head scarves for women
- Ball caps for men
- Small purse or wallet
Call or Email Frieda Bateman to find out more, 480.361.9371 or to help, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generosity!