Valley Interfaith Project will hold a Delegates Assembly on Thursday, May 2 at 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Center at Paradise Valley United Methodist Church, 4455 E Lincoln Dr, Paradise Valley, AZ, 85253.
Our mission statement is “to equip the PVUMC family to be a faithful influence for social justice through education and advocacy.” Now is the time to act. Join us in the Fellowship Center at PVUMC.
• Update and Reaffirm the VIP Human Development Agenda
• Strengthening VIP with the 2019 Money Campaign
• New Members and Renewed Commitments
• Education Funding – Next Strategies for Permanent Sustainable Revenue.
• Immigration and the Asylum Emergency*
• Expand Arizona Career Pathways – Recruiting Participants
VIP institutions are encouraged to attend with their core teams and other members of your institution.
*Our church has been actively involved with helping immigrants since RAFT (Refugee Assistance and Friendship Teams) was established in 2016. Recently, we have provided assistance to churches who serve as a way station for newly arrived asylum seekers. VIP can help immigrants and asylum seekers through its Human Development Agenda and influence with the legislature. When faith-based institutions come together, the difference they can make is significant.
Valley Interfaith Project (VIP) has been active for 28 years, working for the common good in the areas of:
- Quality Public Education
- Health Care
- Respite Care
- Immigrant Integration & Policy Reform
- Workforce Training
- Prison Reform & Reinvestment
- Neighborhood Safety
- Respect for Refugee Resettlement