Every person has gifts and talents that God calls us to share. If you love children, Children’s Ministry may be the place where God is calling you to serve.
PVUMC participates in Safe Sanctuaries, which includes mandatory training for all volunteers working with vulnerable populations, such as children. Click here to read more about our commitment to keep your children safe when they are at PVUMC.
If you are interested in volunteering, you will need to fill out some paperwork:
Click here to download the Safe Sanctuary Policies and Procedures.
Click here to download the Covenant we require all volunteers to sign before working with children at PVUMC.
Click here to download the most recent Volunteer Application.
PVUMC has several volunteer positions within Children’s Ministry. See the opportunities listed below where you can help children grow in their faith:
- Classroom teachers (summer or school year, bi-monthly, weekly, team teach, and substitutes)
- Classroom Assistant (same options as above)
- Special Events (Easter Celebration, Christmas, Epiphany, 4-6th Grade outings, and more)
- Administration (phone calls, registration, organization skills, etc.)
- Children’s Ministry Team (volunteers typically serve a three-year term, and agree to meet monthly to help organize, coordinate and oversee all areas of children’s ministry)
- Acolyte Coordinator
- Vacation Bible Camp (one week in the summer & many ways to serve)
- Camp Mingus – our Conference summer camps in the mountains
- Teacher Appreciation support (3-4 times a year)
Questions? Please contact the children’s ministries director, Rev. Brenda Smith.