United Methodist Outreach Ministries (UMOM) New Day Centers
The mission of UMOM is to provide homeless and low-income families with food, shelter and the tools to build a bridge to self-sufficiency. Tumbleweed, a service of UMOM, works with homeless youth to find shelter, job skills, education and permanent housing.
There are many opportunities at Paradise Valley UMC to serve UMOM.
- Donate canned food and other non-perishable food on the first Sunday of the month. Food is collected on the church campus and taken to the UMOM pantry.
- Serve dinner at UMOM on the second and fourth Saturdays each month at UMOM New Day Centers. Contact us or Dave Hepburn to offer your gift of service.
- Cook and/or serve dinner at the Halle Women’s Center on the second Thursday of the month. Contact us or Email Elaine Heredia.
- Provide camp scholarships for children at UMOM to attend summer camp at Mingus Mountain. Read more about Mingus Camp.
- Christmas Gift Cards make great gifts and provide shelter and hope to a homeless family at UMOM. Cards may be purchased at the church or online via UMOM during the Christmas season.
- Provide Christmas gifts for UMOM families and individuals.
- Participate in the Annual Walk for Homeless Families at the Phoenix Zoo in the fall.
- Serve at UMOM or help pack food boxes on campus as a part of PVUMC’s Change the World Day in November. Dave Hepburn talks about how the church helps feed the hungry and homeless via Snack and Pack:
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, go to UMOM.org.