United Methodist Outreach Ministries (UMOM) New Day Centers
The mission of UMOM is to provide homeless and low-income families with food, shelter and the tools to build a bridge to self-sufficiency. There are many opportunities at Paradise Valley UMC to serve UMOM.
- Donate canned food on the first Sunday of the month. Food is collected on the church campus and taken to the UMOM pantry.
- Serve dinner at UMOM on the second and fourth Saturdays each month. Contact us to offer your gift of service.
- Cook and/or serve dinner at the Watkins Center on the second Thursday of the month. Contact us or Email Elaine Heredia. email@example.com
- Donate gently used clothes and household goods to the UMOM thrift store.
- Christmas Gift Cards make great gifts and provide shelter and hope to a homeless family at UMOM. Cards may be purchased at the church or online via UMOM during the Christmas season.
- Participate in the Annual Walk for Homeless Families at the Phoenix Zoo in the fall.
- Join us for casual conversation and dining at our Community Feast on Wednesday evenings, October-May, in the Fellowship Center, and support UMOM Helpings Catering Co. at the same time. The menu changes weekly, and is served buffet style. Suggested donations are $7 for adults and $3 for children.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, go to www.UMOM.org.