Paradise Valley United Methodist Church Employment Opportunities
The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.—Ephesians 4:11-13
Minister of Engagement Position Open at PVUMC
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church seeks a leader, ordained or not, who can embody the above scripture. The successful candidate for the Minister of Engagement position has the following qualifications:
• At least a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is required, with some theology coursework preferred. May be ordained clergy or a layperson
• Demonstrated experience in providing effective leadership skills with teams, especially volunteers
• Basic computer skills for communication and record keeping using Microsoft office suite and Outlook email
• Familiarity with church management/database systems, i.e., Shelby
• Familiarity with the Methodist Church or willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of the church
• Ability to work on Sundays
• Pursues spiritual growth in self and others
• Provide leadership and direction for the staff and volunteers so that their work and ministry align with the strategic priorities of PVUMC: to be an All-Embracing Church, an All-Engaging Church, and a Church in the Community.
• Identify and build sustainable ministry systems to better coordinate these staff and volunteer efforts (gifts discernment, leadership development, team building, welcoming and growing in diversity).
• Equip the discipleship and caring ministries of the church. Identify best practices and implement strategies that develop staff and volunteers for the church’s ministries.
• Identify and implement recruitment techniques for new lay leaders as the ministries grow.
• Provide support and training to encourage members and newcomers to become more engaged in their life of faith. Our primary means of discipleship within PVUMC are lay-led small groups in our Journeys Ministry. We also have a strong commitment to caring ministries carried out by lay leaders and the pastoral staff.
• Discover and implement evangelism strategies that encourage and support more connection with its varied surrounding communities to enhance our commitment to being the Church in the Community.
• As part of the Worship team, work together to encourage and support members of the team in development and preparation of worship, including assisting in worship services, and occasionally counsel, visit, preach and teach.
• Love the idea of equipping the saints and empowering them to live into the full potential of what God is calling them to do.
• Have a heart for reaching others with the Good News of Christ
• Approaches ministry with a spirit of hope and understands the value of good systems and processes to multiply ministry.
• Demonstrated skill and experience in building a strong staff team aligned around our mission, vision and strategic priorities and teamwork.
Church Mission Statement: God’s love in action
Church Vision Statement: Love that crosses all barriers and embraces all people.
PVUMC Welcoming Statement: We invite you to join us on a shared journey of life and faith, open to all, regardless of age, ability, economics, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, politics, theology, or anything else that might separate us from each other. Whoever you are and wherever you may be on your spiritual journey, you’re invited to walk with Christ in community with all of God’s children and embrace the endless possibilities of God’s unconditional love.
To see more of how Paradise Valley United Methodist Church lives out its mission, visit https://pvumc.org/.
Clergy: Send a cover letter referencing this position and location, resume and three references to:
Superintendent Susan Brims
Non-Clergy: Apply by going to pvumc.applicantpro.com
Director of Operations and Assistant Director of Music – Open Until Filled
The church has two open staff positions: Director of Operations and Assistant Director of Music.
Please see the job descriptions and apply here.
PVUMC Preschool Employment Opportunities – Open Until Filled
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church Preschool is currently interviewing and hiring for the 2018-19 school year. We serve families with children who are 12 months old and steady walkers up through Junior Kindergarten. The philosophy of PVUMC Preschool is play-based and we want to provide a learning environment that equips each child with the knowledge, skills, and values to be a life-long learner. We are committed to providing a high-quality, developmentally appropriate educational program that views each child as unique and special.
We currently have positions available for Assistant Teachers and Aides.
Assistant Teacher applicants should have experiences in a preschool setting and six months of academic background/college work in early childhood or elementary education and be working towards a CDA or AA degree in Early Childhood Education.
Aide applicants should have experience working with young children and be working towards a CDA or AA degree in Early Childhood Education.
The ideal applicant has targeted professional goals to advance as a practitioner in the field of Early Childhood Education.
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church Preschool has been accredited since 1986 by the National Academy of Early Childhood Education. EOE
All applicants need to be 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or GED.
All positions are part-time with Aide starting pay at $13.50 per hour. Assistant Teacher positions are salaried.
Please contact Mindy Sobraske for additional information. Please send resumes to:
OTHER CHURCH STAFF POSITIONS
Part-time Childcare Workers – Paradise Valley United Methodist Church, AZ
The Child Care Center is looking for persons to work for classes, meetings and events as needed. The job includes possible morning, afternoon and evening shifts. This is a paid, part-time position. The requirements are: age 18 and up, with CPR and First Aid Certification, and a fingerprint clearance card. If you are interested or know someone that might be, please email Child Care Coordinator Kathy Ratliff, firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for Kathy at the church: 602.840.8360, ext 134.