Here at Paradise Valley United Methodist Church, we worship together, we grow in our spiritual journey together, and we serve together. The PVUMC Serves program was created to amplify our service by promoting large group service projects. PVUMC Serves has three goals:
- Demonstrating God’s Love in Action. PVUMC has a simple, but meaningful mission to be God’s love in action. By serving together and sharing with others about our service, we are a living example of our mission and of God’s love.
- Increasing the number of people taking part in service projects. PVUMC Serves accomplishes this not only by proactively promoting service opportunities more, but by ensuring that the church offers a variety of large group service projects (including family-friendly ones) and by encouraging members to invite others to participate in the service projects.
- Cultivating relationships among our congregants. We realize that when our congregants participate in group service projects, they meet new friends, often developing deep bonds with fellow church members in the process. Our hope is that as members participate in PVUMC Serves events and make new friends, they will feel more engaged with PVUMC and our greater community, as well as feel they have strengthened their relationship with God.
How PVUMC Serves works
PVUMC Serves promotes a minimum of 10 large group service projects a year. On this web page, we feature the upcoming projects. You can sign up by clicking the “Sign Up” links below or after church services. Look for the PVUMC Serves tables on the patio on the last Sunday of the month after each worship service.
We encourage participants to:
- Invite friends and family to participate with them at PVUMC Serves events
- Wear their God’s Love in Action t-shirts (from a previous Change the World Day event) or PVUMC polo shirts when volunteering at a PVUMC Serves event
- Post photos on social media while serving with the hashtag #PVUMCserves
If you have a service project you’d like to see featured by the PVUMC Serves program, contact us.
Feed My Starving Children
1345 S. Alma School Road, Mesa
4:30 – 6:30 pm
*must be 5 years or older
Bottled Water Drive
Bring your donated case of bottled water to PVUMC between services July 14 and July 21
Donations will be distributed after the July 21 service
*This project is being done in conjunction with Vacation Bible School
Kairos Prison Ministry Cookie Bake
PVUMC Fellowship Center Kitchen
8 am – 5 pm (90-minute shifts)
PVUMC Serves is organizing a Cookie Bake on Saturday, August 24. The next day, we will pray over the cookies in our church services. We hope you can join us in this family friendly activity.
To help purchase the ingredients, please donate using the orange “Give Now” button and be sure to note it is for PVUMC Serves cookies. (Suggested donation $5/individual or $10/family).
UMOM’s Walk the Walk to End Homelessness
The Phoenix Zoo
6 – 9 am (Walk starts at 7 am)
Select “Join a Team” and search for “PVUMC Love in Action” when signing up
Adult- (18+) Early Bird Pricing until September 9
Early Bird Discount: $25 for adults until September 9
Student (Ages 3-17): $10
Registration includes a t-shirt, flip-flops, and entrance to the Zoo
Family of 4 Fun Pack: $60
The discounted Family Fun pack includes 4 registrations and each person over the age of 3 receives a t-shirt, flip-flops, and entrance to the Zoo. Children 2 and under are FREE.
Potluck Celebration for refugee families sponsored by PVUMC
McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
Sign up to let us know you’re coming and what you’re bringing for the potluck.
Help us treat our refugee families by buying train and carousel ride tickets.
Invite your family, neighbors, and friends as we welcome the stranger at our first PVUMC Serves event!
Caring Kids Rummage Sale
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church, Fellowship Hall
April 5, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Sale Set Up
April 6 and 7, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Rummage Sale
Habitat for Humanity Work Day
1937 E. Don Carlos, Tempe (lot 81001)
6:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
*must be 16 years or older